Buildings with large column-free spans are generally more expensive than buildings with small spans supported by columns and the task for Design consortium was to design the building in the most cost effective way.
Achieving the column-free span to the client’s requirements within an economical and innovative design
Coordination of the fabrication of a specially designed pre-engineered building frame — the most cost-effective way to achieve the column free span.
Design consortium delivered a cost-effective solution that met the client’s need for a facility featuring a 25 metre column free span.
Black cotton soils and other expansive soils have typical characteristics of shrinkage and swelling due to moisture movement through them. Black cotton soils and other expansive soils are dangerous due to their shrinkage and swelling characteristics.
- Where the depth of clay layer is large, the foundation should be prevented from coming in contact with the soil. In addition to this, The property of the soil as per reports have very poor bearing capacity, ranging from 5 t/m2 to 10 t/m2.
Excavatiion can be done wider and deeper foundation trench and interposing layer of sand around and beneath the footing.
The foundation should be taken at Ieast 50 cm lower than the depth of moisture movement.
The foundations should be constructed during dry season. Also suilable plinth protection around the external wall should be made on the ground surface, with its slope away from the wall, so that moisture does not penetrate the foundation during rainy season.
Nature of Project: Basement+ground+12 Upper floors.
Location : Gulbarga
Architect : Valfar
- In this project columns were not allowed in the basement where the client required a huge space in the basement
To overcome this floating columns were introduced in this project.
To support the floating column PT beams were adopted where the spans of the beams were more.
Site: DINESH BANASHANKARI
Size of Project: B+G+4
Location : BANASHANKARI
Architect : PREETHI ARCHITECTS
PT BEAMS VENDOR : ULTRACON STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS
- Eccentric footings were seen at the edge of the building boundary line.
The footing were eccentric where proper distribution of load was no transferred to the footing from the column. in such cases strap beam were provided from the adjacent footings to provided stiffness to the eccentric footings.
footing beam may also be provided in such cases
Site: Mr. SHYLENDRA BABU
Nature of Project: Basement+ground +4 Upper floors
Location : Sadashivanagar Bangalore
Architect : Samartha Associates
- Deep Excavations are usually done where to utilize underground Like basement and stilt floors space in densely populated areas /Congestible space
- We had two basements of 3 mts each. Excavation was done for 6 mts for basement and 1.5mts extra for the foundation.
- Due to improper method used in the excavation process where the slope of excavation was not kept according to the standards. there was a sliding of soil portion in the site.
suitable measures like providing the sheets for covering the soil to avoid the penetration of water into the soil which causes the sliding.
maintaining a proper required slope of 1:1 and excavating in a step manner so that chances of sliding are avoided
Site: Pratham Developers
Nature of Project: Basement+ground+12 Upper floors
Location : Yeshwanthpur Bangalore
Architect : REALM
Proof checked by: CIVIL AID